An old and popular advert promoting efficient, reliable and user-friendly household equipment ended with the vigorous claim “Facts, not just words.” The underpinning message being the guarantee of “actual results, not only promises.” While elaborating the list of Toscotec’s TT Headboxes – 32 units since 2020, of which 23 in operations and 9 undergoing manufacturing – we were reminded of that popular ad. Over the last 16 years, TOSCOTEC has sold over 130 TT Headboxes to be installed on tissue machines, of which 32 have been in the last three years. The majority of these units were part of complete tissue line orders (23 units), some were part of major rebuilds (4 units) and the rest (5 units) were sold as replacements of existing headboxes. The latter replaced headboxes manufactured by other machinery suppliers with the aim of improving paper quality and production performance. Since headboxes are normally sold with the complete tissue machine, the fact that paper producers are willing to replace only the headbox testifies to its importance, as it affects the machine’s production both in terms of paper quality and energy performance.
- Toscotec’s TT Headboxes sold since 2020 vary in size, characteristics and performance:
- 15 TT Headboxes have a pond width lower than 3,000 mm, while 17 units between 3,000 and 5,800 mm.
- The majority are designed for high speed machines (up to 2,200 m/min).
- 5 TT Headboxes are equipped with paper profile dilution control (connected to QCS), while 5 units are designed for its future installation.
- 21 units are single-layer TT Headboxes and 11 are multi-layer units.
- 26 TT Headboxes are installed on crescent former machines and 6 units on twin wire former machines.
- 3 TT Headboxes are installed on TAD machines and the rest on DCT machines.
Technological excellence for the paper industry
Toscotec’s headboxes produce high quality products – from facial and low basis weight toilet tissue (below 12 gsm) to towel tissue (up to 32-35 gsm) – processing different furnishes, including virgin fibers, de-inked pulp and 100% wastepaper.
All TT Headboxes feature high flexibility in terms of:
- Flow out of the headbox and into the forming section through precise slice opening control.
- Jet landing on the first dewatering part of the former.
In order to ensure a proper and uniform feed, they are equipped with best-in-class instrumentation for the control of process parameters such as pressure, temperature and consistency.