There are several contributors to achieving this:
- Having a very protective (bulky and robust) coating, which can increase the protection of the surface, life of the blade and consequently the quality of the paper.
- Having a coating layer which can assist the softness of the paperalbeit softness is more fibre related – short, less coarse fibre and refiner manipulation.
However, a coating layersoft and bulky with some softener in it can help. In addition to the fibre anoptimised blade is the key.
Using latest technology Axchem can offer a range of high quality, innovative solutions. Axchem base coating products portfolio includes alkaline products made of 100% polymer which are very reactive and non-corrosive to the on the Yankee surface. This is very important in case of steel or a metalized Yankee surface – the important thing here is avoiding metal to metal contact, so a thick robust coating layer is important.
The company is present in all segments of the paper and board industry through a solid network of highly specialised
Our products are designed to optimize mainly the following parameters
- A Soft protective film to give the best paper quality performance. A nice bulky and robust coating to manipulate very soft grades (or bulky grades, pending blade choice), helps the tissue maker manipulate the coating and blade pocket angle to achieve optimum specifications with good Yankee protection facilitating organic and natural coating layer working well together.
- High protection of the Yankee cylinder surface should be first point.
- Very homogeneous drying and producing the highest production speed. Some coatings (natural coating) can harm thermal conductivity, but major impact on speed is often “over-achieving” stretch so the reel speed can be increased.
- High paper softness.
- Optimum coating set up and more forgiving of CD moisture profile should lead to an absence of dark stripes on the Yankee and consequent translucent stripes on the roll.
- Fast reaction and rapid control of all the production process variations.
- A bulky soft but robust coating for blade to ride in and develop optimum parameters and cylinder protection, rather than bounce along the hard mix of hard organic and fines related coating, which wears the blade prematurely and can lead to chatter.
- Coating treatment could be made of two products instead of three. Although if it’s a metallised cylinder in particular, MAP will almost certainly have to be used.