ANDRITZ acquires Diatec, Italy

ANDRITZ has acquired a 70% stake in Diatec, a leading manufacturer of converting machines for the hygiene and food packaging industries based in Italy. The remaining 30% will stay in the hands of the two current shareholding families.

ANDRITZ acquires Diatec, Italy
Baby diaper line by Diatec.

Diatec designs and manufactures a wide range of special machines and technological solutions, mainly for the production of baby diapers and other absorbent hygiene products, but also for food packaging. With this acquisition, ANDRITZ complements its product portfolio in Nonwoven and is now able to offer the complete supply and value chain, from the raw material, to webfoming, finishing, and converting.

Diatec was established in 1992 and has developed very favorably since then, with many international references and renowned customers around the the world. The company is known for its innovative spirit, providing flexible and sophisticated solutions for the hygiene sector.

The Diatec owners and managers, who will continue to work in the company, acknowledge that ANDRITZ is the best partner to support the company’s long-term growth and – together with employees and suppliers – to create synergies that can satisfy the demands of its customers.

Andreas Lukas, Division Manager for ANDRITZ Nonwoven, says: “We are very excited about this complementary acquisition that extends our market coverage, process technology, and product range within the nonwovens industry.”

Diatec’s General Manager, Luigi Mancini, comments: “With ANDRITZ, we have found our ideal partner to strengthen our international market position and we are looking forward to growing further within this collaboration.”


#Tags:

Read our magazine for free online,
insert your email address to login

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close